Kanshin Karate is affiliated with HDKI GB, a member of Hombu Dojo Karate International (HDKI), a young yet rapidly expanding karate association under the leadership of sensei Scott Langley, 7th dan.
The HDKI holds four key values:
- Tradition – we endeavour to hold on to certain aspects of traditional karate that add value and depth to our art and enhance our connection to the past.
- Innovation – we endeavour to explore and investigate karate principles and organisational structure, using modern concepts to enhance all aspects of our art and community.
- Collaboration – we endeavour to create a group which allows meritocracy to be the driving force of structural power. Respect is earnt and freely given by the membership. The group will act as a vehicle for the fulfilment of individuals’ potential, whatever that may be.
- Respect – we endeavour to create a community of like-minded karate-ka who empathise with each other and work together towards a common goal. Individuals will strive to reach a consensus on issues and be part of the decision-making process.
Through these values we aspire to:
- Teach good karate and be kind to people
- Have Karate Adventures
- Provide Opportunity